relentless rantings require resonance

A lot of whining and complaining. Some very interesting points. Ridiculous amounts of gushing about my son. Yup, that about sums it up.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Anti-Climax

Well, today was the day. Not all of you know what significance today had for Andrew and I. We purchased our first home this evening.

There really wasn't much to it. We were shceduled to go into the title agency to sign all of the papers at 3:30pm. Well, that was postponed an hour. So, after rushing to the bank to get a cashier's check, we arrived at the title agency just before 4:30pm. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. Apparantly they didn't have everything ready.

It definitely did not go smoothly. At least not as smoothly as I had expected. The cashier's check wasn't written for a large enough amount - not large enough by over $400. The pest inspection company said that I hadn't paid for the inspection. I had. That took a little while to clear up. Then there was the little issue about being charged extra for title insurance on the second mortgage. It's all very confusing.

The best part of the whole experiece was the outright animosity between my mortgage broker (who is family) and the title agent. Yeah. The air was so think with hatred between the two of them that I could taste it. It was very palpable.

In the middle of the signing, I spotted an envelope and heard the distinct jingle of keys inside of it. Wow. Those are my keys. Keys to my house. A house, that in a matter of minutes, would be mine. Well, since the bank was located in California, the money hadn't been wired at the time of closing. So those keys - those wonderful, jingling, keys - went into a file. The title agent is supposed to call me tomorrow. When the money gets there. Then I get my keys. My keys. Mine.

However, despite the lack of keys, we (Andrew and I) are officially homeowners.

1 Comments:

Blogger Freckles Q. McMurty said...

Congrats, Tree! ou must be SO excited. I know you have the keys now, so even more so! I can't wait to come and see your new house!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home