relentless rantings require resonance

A lot of whining and complaining. Some very interesting points. Ridiculous amounts of gushing about my son. Yup, that about sums it up.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

another lost interest

Another one of my favorute past times that was put on hold throughout my sentence in law school (see: 1 Band – 1 Week), was reading. I used to devour books the moment I got them.Now it seems to take me months (even years) to finish one book. Well, I am out of school and moving on with my life and family. I want to start reading all of those dormant stories that have been shelved for the past three years. Following are two lists, one lists the books that I would like to read, the other lists books that I would like to re-read.


To Read

The Other Boleyn Girl by: Philippa Gregory
The Boleyn Inheritance by: Philippa Gregory
The Queen’s Fool by: Philippa Gregory
The Virgin’s Lover by: Philippa Gregory
Nothanger Abbey by: Jane Austen
Lady Susan by: Jane Austen
The Jane Austen Book Club by: Karen Joy Fowler
The Da Vinci Code by: Dan Brown


To Re-read

Pride & Prejudice by: Jane Austen
Emma by: Jane Austen
Persuasion by: Jane Austen
Mansfield Park by: Jane Austen
Sense & Sensibility by: Jane Austen
Harry Potter by: J.K Rowling
Catch 22 by: Joseph Heller
Bridget Jones’s Diary by: Helen Fielding
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by: Helen Fielding
A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man by: James Joyce



I am open to suggestions. The first books on my list were loaned to me by my best friend, and I love them. If I get back into the swing of reading, I can knock these out pretty quickly, so here’s hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home