relentless rantings require resonance

A lot of whining and complaining. Some very interesting points. Ridiculous amounts of gushing about my son. Yup, that about sums it up.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Week 1 - Band 1

Week number one is done. Well, really it was a week and a half, but that’s because I realized towards the end of the week that i didn’t have all of the albums of the first artist. So it was really about ten days…but I digress…

Week:1

Band/Artist:Feist

Website:Feist

Albums:

Monarch (Lay Your Jewelled Head Down) – 1999 – Fun album, lots of soothing and catchy songs. I think I recognize some of these from other places, maybe from a movie soundtrack.

Let it Die – 2004 – Pretty good. One of my favorites is from this album.

Open Season – 2006 – This is an slbum of remixes. Normally, I’m not a fan of remixes, I like originals or covers but not remixes usually. This album was ok though. No crappy techno versions, so that’s a plus.

The Reminder – 2007 – This album is my favorite. The songs are upbeat and pleasant to listen to. The’re overpowering in anyway and when I listen to them, I want to sing along and wiggle a bit.

My Moon Man – 2007? – This album has three tracks, two are remixes of the same song. Not bad.

Discovered:When the new iPod nano-video came out, Feist was featured in the commercial. The song was 1234 from the album The Reminder. The song was kind of catchy and appealed to me from the beginning, so I sought more.

Thoughts:I really enjoyed this past week (well 10 days). After the initial couple listen throughs, I had some immediate favorites. There will definitely be some songs added to my favorite playlist from now on.

Recommendation:Absolutely!

Favorites:

Monarch – Family
Monarch – Onliest
Monarch – Monarch
Let it Die – One Evening
Let it Die – Gatekeeper
The Reminder – Sea Lion
The Reminder – 1234

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home