relentless rantings require resonance

A lot of whining and complaining. Some very interesting points. Ridiculous amounts of gushing about my son. Yup, that about sums it up.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's all relative...

5 years ago I began a full on assault on my weight “issue.” I was the ehaviest I had ever been at 40 lbs over my goal weight. It took me 6 months, but I lost the 40 lbs for a total of 4 dress sizes. I thought that was huge then.

A year ago I found myself with a 1 month old baby and more than just baby weight to lose. 90 lbs. 90 lbs was what I needed to lose to get to that goal weight of 4 years prior. Yikes. I remember when 40 lbs was insurmountable. It was rather discouraging.

I finally started losing weight when I started working. Makes sense. I was busier then I ever had been, and walking all over downtown Tampa every day. I noticed a difference right away. Well, now I am almost 5 months into my career and I am 30 lbs down. 5 years ago 30 lbs would have been huge. Now, it’s only one third of where I want to be. I still have 60 lbs to go to get to that goal weight.

I’m not trying to say that I am unhappy about the weight I have lost. I am really very pleased. I am down to pre-baby weight and almost down to what I weighed on my wedding day. I made it past my first goal (which was to get under the 200 lbs mark) and now I heading toward my second goal (the weight I was 5 years ago).

5 years ago 30 lbs was huge. Today, 30 lbs is ok. It’s all relative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home